Since 1999, traffics is one of the leading companies for travel technology and is among the pioneers in the digital travel industry. traffics stands for innovative and customer-oriented development of consultation, search, and booking systems for travels. The users of the systems include more than 6,000 travel agencies as well as renowned travel portals, airlines, hotels, and other travel suppliers with more than 1.3 billion € in turnover per year. Through the continuous work on innovations and new developments, traffics was fortunate enough to win multiple awards and was able to set sustainable standards for the whole industry. traffics is co-founder and initiator of the industry collective for the Open Touristic Data Standard (OTDS) – besides that, the company is active in the boards of the Deutscher ReiseVerband (DRV, German Travel Union), the Travel Industry Club (TIC), the Verband internet Reisevertrieb e.V. (VIR, Association Internet Travel Distribution) as well as the Bundesverband Startups (Federation Startups).
- Software development
- Coordination of the organization of the new general structure with the CSA
- Creation of prototypes on the basis of the new technology stacks
- significant role in building the new IT structure
- creation and programming of new components in Scala
- coding with other developers in a backend engineering team
- translation of business requirements into software code
- professional advanced training of Scala software engineers in the department
- taking over the planning and execution of code reviews
- at least 2-3 years of experience as a software engineer in the field of Typesafe Stack (Play, Scala, Akka)
- experience with Scala persistence/ORM framework
- basic knowledge in Xml/Json processing as well as Un/Marshalling
- in-depth knowledge of MongoDB/Reactive Mongo and ElasticSearch
- preferably has a technical degree (Bachelor, Master, Diplom) or has extensive work experience in the mentioned fields
- high play instinct and willingness to take risks
- crazy about new technologies and challenges
- high analytical and conceptual skills and advanced communication skills
- knowledge and experience in the field of agile product development
- team player, who likes to share his knowledge and insight with others
- analytical and structured approach
- goal-oriented mindset
- high sense of personal responsibility
IN A NUTSHELL
You want to make a difference and make travel tech an experience in a work environment that encourages innovation, with flat hierarchies and short decision making processes. Our motto: Inspire, advise, book!
- Interesting and exciting tasks in a friendly and highly motivated environment. Our team works with great dedication on the conception and implementation of ambitious projects
- A growing business with an open corporate culture awaits you
- We offer tasks and challenges in an international team with responsibility and creativity
- And all this in an office with a view over the whole of Berlin, right in the trendy district of Mitte in the centre of Europe’s most vivid city
We have the clear aim to provide first-class customer service and to be Partner of Choice, with our excellent employees and our high quality and innovative products. Become a part of our community! Make a direct influence in traffics’ professional success with your knowledge and personality. We challenge you; challenge us too.
Discover more about our great team: www.traffics.de/massgeschneidert
Have we piqued your interest?
Then please send your application per email to email@example.com, detailing your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Your contact is Mr. Ali Akrami.